THE SLII EXPERIENCE™
Prepare to lead differently
To be a leader others want to follow, managers need to set clear and attainable goals, provide the matching leadership style, and give appropriate feedback. The goal of a Situational Leader is to help others develop competence, motivation, and confidence. SLII®® II (SLII®) boosts the effectiveness, impact, and dedication of leaders and teaches them to behave in alignment with their good intentions and with what their people need.
Recognized as both a business language and a framework for employee development that transcends cultural, linguistic, and geographical boundaries, the foundation of SLII lies in teaching leaders to diagnose the needs of an individual and then use the appropriate leadership style to respond to the needs of the person.
Leveraging all the theory and design that has made SLII the world’s most taught leadership training model for more than 35 years, our new learning design, The SLII Experience™, uses game-changing techniques that immerse learners in SLII quickly, deeply, and effectively.
- Diagnose the development levels of employees and choose the appropriate leadership style
- Increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development
- Create a communication model for all levels of the organization to support cultural change and move toward a high-performance organization
- Become a flexible leader who is highly skilled at goal setting, coaching, performance evaluation, active listening, feedback, and proactive problem solving
- Increase individual and organizational accountability by linking goals and planned intentions to an action plan
- Learn a new language of leadership to partner for maximum productivity and morale
Who should attend?
Individuals in leadership roles who want to increase their effectiveness
Executives and senior-level managers
Mid-level or new managers or supervisors
Organizations can choose how they deliver The SLII Experience, allowing learners to be more in charge of their learning journey beyond the classroom.
Each delivery has a four-part learning experience. The four phases are
- LAUNCH—a portfolio of assignments to set the context for learning and engage learners in the content of SLII
- LEARN—learning activities to teach leaders the three skills, the language, and the six conversations of a Situational Leader
- PRACTICE—learning activities to develop new skills through robust skill practice, applying what was learned to real work
- MASTER—strategies to deepen and extend the learning so that it becomes second nature to set SMART goals, diagnose development level, and use the matching leadership style